Breath Taking

By 3sha
Flash back to me in highschool on the last day of school. Singing under my breath the eternal school rant song, “No more classes, No more school, No more teacher's dirty looks.”

Ecstatic. I can already imagine myself lounging lazily on my bed watching shows on cable while shoving chips and sodas into my mouth. Almost tasting the first breath of freedom on the tip of my tongue.

Fast forward to me now.

On my desk in an ad agency. Thinking about the last month of hell while ffinishing up details of our latest grueling project. It's exactly 10 hours before holy week break and already I'm feeling giddy from the excitement of a REAL vacation. I haven't had a complete weekend in the last 7 weeks. It sucks not to have enough personal time to be lazy. It sucks getting home from work at 10pm on average only to continue working at home and not be paid for it. It sucks to be involved in a contractual deal for over a year now and not get paid-vacation leaves with it. It sucks not being able to play badminton and feel yourself grow fat by the minute.

Either my Saturdays or Sundays (or both) is shot down by quickie projects given by demanding clients. So this break will be one heck of a holiday for me. Not the same brief vacations I kind of reward myself by being calling in absent for a day or two. This holy week break is going to be legit. None of the salary deductions or work-guilt involved.

Thank God.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?