Rat Tales

By 3sha
It was lunch. We were eating at our renovated foodcourt, newly onwed by Triple V Express. The food is quite good and they have a fine variety from chinese to american dishes.

I have this unconscious habit where my feet would home in on table legs and start tapping. Not the fast tapping tappity-tap-tap type, but more slower of the tap--tap--tappity---tap--tap kind.

So here I was, eating my pasta and tapping my feet.

*TAP*

*TAP*

*squish*

*TAP?*

*squish*

*TAP?* *TAP?*

*squish* *squish*

So I glance down to check if I was tapping on some other person's foot. I wasn't. Looked around and I thought I saw my shoelace, and as I was about to reach down and tie them up, I accidentally kicked into view the thing I was already tap-squishing...

It was a mouse.

...And it was already shaking and going into convulsions.

I jumped. They called the waiter, he got rid of the poor mouse.

As we were walking away from the table, I thought I heard a very very faint...

SQUEAK.





***Disclaimer***
It was an unfortunate day for a mouse. And I don't hold Triple V express for it, they just finished construction, a lot of things come out after constructions. It was just one of those days where my tapping is actually of good use. ^_^
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?