Hongkong Break

By 3sha
Hopped to Hongkong for the weekend. Had my financer with me...my dad. hehe.

It's been over a decade since I last went to Hongkong. The minute my dad asked if I wanted to go with them to buy licensed software, I immediately said yes!

Yes to a fresh break!

Yes to free shopping money!

Yes to Hongkong food!

We ate at a cute japanese resto that was owned by Jackie Chan. He even had his own photo inside the resto.





At dinner, we went to a Sezhuan resto near our hotel. It was owned by a young couple who made kick ass hot soup. Yey!



Dorsett Seaview Hotel's room (Yau Ma Tei) was kinda small but that gave me enough reason to frequently step out and enjoy Hongkong scenery, which was mostly raindrops, puddles and Mcdonald's everywhere. The weather was horrible for shopping but I managed to invent a new shopping method in Mongkok. Hop-shopping! Literally hopping from one stall to another diagonally just to save myself from the rainy weather.

Found lots of new stuff to put in my closet and I definitely loved Argyle Mall in Mongkok. I had a hard time parting from these Evisu shoes on Sporting goods bazaar but they cost HK$ 880!! That's 6K here. Sighhhhh...



Ah well, I'll just look it over in Singapore on August. hehe.

Going home wasn't fun, but we had to. Ben & Jerry's at the airport made leaving a little lighter though.







Plus, the large cute kipling gorilla made my day.


 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?