Me on Sunset Blvd???

By 3sha


Saw this test while reading a friend's blog. Thought I might try it, since I'm not doing anything worthwhile anyway.

While I have never seen this movie, it being a 1950 classic is a nice touch (late nights of boredom with nothing to watch except for TNT movies, i think, rubbed off on me). Surfing the web for more info on this I found out that it won 3 Oscars and got 11 academy award nominations. Not bad....And it was also controversial (m loving this by the minute!)

[After the crowded preview of the movie in Hollywood the movie mogul supremo Louis B. Mayer, the top boss of ‘M-G-M’ told its maker, in red hot rage, "You have disgraced the industry that made you and fed you. You should be tarred and feathered and run out of Hollywood" ]

Now for anyone who has never seen it, I've added a short summary taken from one of the sites:

[Norma Desmond, a former silent movie star, befriends a young gentlemen. They become lovers. She wants terribly to get back into the movie biz but "she's all washed up". Also this longing to be in the movies has made her mentally ill. When her lover decides to leave her she shoots him, getting her the publicity she wants. ]

Storyline leans a bit to "Chicago" (or is it the other way around?). Since this my test result, am I really about fame? No, never did think so. I never did like popularity. I'd hide myself in a nook if I could.

Success, yep, but WHO wouldn't want success?

Avoiding the ordinary...Hell yeah!

2 out of 3 isn't so bad after all. Anyway, I'm gonna look for its dvd in MCS, just in case they have it there. ^.^


 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?