Stupid Requests

By 3sha
I think it's high time I wrote a novel on stupid AE (account executive) requests. I've had my fair share of headaches coming from people who don't know the ins and outs of art production, the programs involved, and the protocols needed for a productiove output.

My most recent headache came from an AE who asked if I could supply 2D and 3D artworks to our clients (clients, on the otherhand are even worst than unthinking AEs) . I asked, "What? You do know we are an agency and CG renderings are and should always be given to suppliers. I can only do a very close rendition of it but everything will be in 2D." (since I have no access to 3D rendering programs) So when I submitted the requirements in, the AE calls me up to ask me AGAIN if the fil s I had given were in 2D in 3D format. Ummm, hellloooooo! jpegs file , printed out files and emailed files are all in 2D FLAT format. All I can do to the damned thing is emboss it through photoshop, now if you call that 3D rendering, I'd wring your neck.

Yet another set of stupid requests come from a publications place I worked in. To tell you the truth, I think I just wasted my time trying to fix up their broken system. Not to mention a broken set of people. It was an every month task to plan on the pagenation of the magazine. My ex-boss would often give me plan of 52 pages for the mag, in which at the last few days of final artwork or production he would then lessen the pagers to 40. God, I'd have to re-layout each and every page to fit that request even if I spent the next week awake 'til 5am.

My patience thins everytime I encounter these types of people. People who are already high up in their line of work but don't really have enough brains to understand the weight of their stupid requests. I once had a client who was the marketing manager of a bank, throughout the meeting I would often wonder how in the world did he become a manager. He always suggested cheesy marketing strategies, he was even proud of a video MTV-type production he did for the bank's theme song, and believe me the production wasn't even an inch close to being an MTV. It was sad to say closer to a highschool video production. The worst part of this was that I'd have to sit in his office watching the stupid thing because he wanted me to see it and comment on an already produced work. Yuck.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?