Gathering

By 3sha



Hurrah! I've finally finished my entry for the Gaiman Art contest. It's from the book, Coraline. The contest came out as a motivation to draw a character of Gaiman, something I wanted to do a long time ago, but couldn't really start. I think I get things done faster with pressure haha.

I'm baptizing the entry "Deadend."

This is my own rendition of the “other mother.” I wanted to capture the uneasiness of meeting this distinct character reaching out to you and at the same time allowing yourself to feel a burst of courage as you approach her. The same feeling of Coraline when she first met her “other mother.”

Emphasizing the highlights on her button eyes came out pretty good. From afar they actually seem to be staring at you, but on closer ground you get the deadpan feeling.

“Deadend” symbolizes Coraline’s first look at her apartment’s brickwall and her first meeting with the “other parents.” It shows you the problem; how you deal with it is, eventually, your next move.

I hope it wins me something. ^_^

* * *

I wish the shoot date of the MTV can be moved. It's going to overlap my date with Mr. Neil at Fully Booked on Saturday. I really want to go to "The Gathering." Hmm...maybe if I click my heels three times I can do a quick teleport from the shoot to Rockwell...
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?