I do?

By 3sha
Everyone wants to get married.

And being 25 doesn't make it any easier to get past those "so when are you gonna get married" questions thrown at you on reunions, be it friend or family.

From my college friends (we are 11 in the group, including me) one is happily married while another is about to get married this September. I personally know of six highschool friends who got hitched. My recent excapade in greenhills led me to a "close encounter" with a former suitor strolling there with his pregnant wife by his side. I did feel happy for them, but I can never really understand the rush. Bringing up your own family isn't that easy, even if you have a partner to help you out. Hearing all the financial woes at home, arguments, housechores...urgh...the FEAR. ^_^

Sigh...maybe it isn't for me, not now. Although if I'd want to get married the only reason would be to get my freedom from our house and that wouldn't be fair to my future partner.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?