Holding On To My Luck

By 3sha
A day before our annual mooncake festival, I decided to test my luck with Bingo. A trial run of sorts, just to check if I'd win something the next day. It is said that if you win the biggest prize on the Mooncake Festival, something big will come, great news to be exact. And I needed good news. A lot of it. My angst meter has been going up and down and is at a very critical level lately. So luck, even a little bit would be a great help.

So, armed with junk food and a little pen that I bought from a convenience store at the same floor, I was out on a luck quest hehe.



Two hours and a pile of bingo cards later. No such luck.

It was getting kind of frustrating, but I was also enjoying looking at the "professional" bingo players around me. Some would buy a whole set of cards and would have those large cylindrical markers in different colors to mark it with. Some even had a mini bingo computer to use as a kind of statistical measuring thingie. It was weird the things people come up with just to face-off with lady luck. In there, bingo became a business.


A few minutes later, the last game was called. It had a cash prize of 50,000 pesos. Not bad for a risk of 50 bucks, the price of the last bingo card.

So on the game went, double-checked the numbers until I realized I had only ONE number that was unshaded! 27. Erg. Wishing so bad that it would be called that I wasn't really concentrating on the prize money but on how I would shout "BINGO!" in front of all these people.

From a range of expressions, my mind trailed off a dozen ways to shout "bingo." Would it be as shy as "bingo..." or as alarming as "BINGGGGOOOOOO!!!" Should I prolong the O's? Or should would it be better to prolong the I's?? Would it be weird if I did a little dance after "Bingo!"? Or should I just sit quietly after the word and smile to the people around me...

A little after that, someone already shouted BINGO!!!!! The person sitting on the same row as my table haha.



Ah well, I had fun anyway.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?