Seeing Dots

By 3sha
Mooncake day came.

We were allotted two rounds each. One round for hopia and another for cash.

Having had a close win in Bingo yesterday, I was quite excited. Apart from eating hopia in between games, it was fun to see everyone happy and excited with the whole mooncake feast.

Just in case you don't know the rules of the game, here is a short (and confusing) summary.



It is very much a game of chance. If you're lucky enough you win the major prize. The hopia round has one helluva first prize hopia 12-inch in diameter. The cash round's first prize is P1,000 and lady luck for the year. The objective is to throw six dices into a bowl. The goal is to get as much 4's per dice (that's the side with four red dots - the most number of red dots in each dice) A set thrown with one visible 4, gives you the lowest prize (a really small hopia, or P20) the most number of 4's visible in the set the bigger the prize. Four dice with 4s on them gives you first prize, but if another player gets 5 4's he gets the first prize instead of you. There isn't any consolation prize. All 6 dice with 4's on them, get you the largest prize and if you're greedy, you also get to decide if you want to have all the prizes won by everyone else. The game isn't over if no one wins the first prize.

The best strategy here is to get as much 4's possible in each throw, that gives you more prizes (even if it's smaller, accumulated it still gets you the equivalent of the first prize hehe).



First round turned out average for my haul. I got several really small hopia pieces (which never reach the end of the game) and some 5th prize sizes. I wasn't really expecting much on the hopia round, I really didn't want to bring all those hopia home anyway. And I was hoping to get a larger amount in the cash round...hey, who doesn't?

So there I was middle of the second round with only 20 pesos to my name. So much for luck. It wasn't really with me during the second round...

Or so I thought.

As the game progressed, I was still stuck with my 20 peso win, while everyone else had 100 plus pesos. The only prize left on the table was the first prize. No one was throwing a first prize combination. Everyone got bored waiting for the first prize throw, so I decided on my turn to spice things up by coaxing everyone to cheer before I throw (this came from the fact that from the total wins, I was the biggest loser with only P20 haha).

The weird part was that the moment I threw the dice, I got 4 4's which means I won the jackpot first prize.



Maybe lady luck was with me the whole time. ^_^
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?