The Sun, The Seminar, and The Snorkel

By 3sha
The Y&R Summer outing/training started off with a strategically placed banner (that I wanted to pull off) and a long drive. We met at the usual meeting place (Zuellig loop) at around 4pm and waited until the bus filled up.



Four hours later, we reached Anilao, Batangas. The road down to the resort was like riding a rickety rollercoaster back in StarCity. Sharp swerves pushed the weight to both ends of the jeep, squishing the unfortunate person at the end of the row.

It was more than relieving when the jeep stopped at the Eaglepoint entrance. There, we were greeted by the resort's welcoming party as they hung shell necklaces on us. The details of the resort were filled with hidden eagles. One the steps, on the the balconies. They even had a large eagle cage housing different eagle types.










The beach wasn't the kind you went in I loved the beach. The clear blue waters were just right for snorkeling and peeking at nervous fish. Heh.

But.

We had to start with the training first (awww). The call of the beach had to wait (urgh). So in between sessions where we had breaks outside, I had the chance to take a glimpse of the sea.

It was torture. In its purest, most innocent form.

The training was long but worth it. We talked about "positivity." It went well, considering that "positivity" is very flexible idea depending on where you see it. But I guess it could be about taking a shape and shoving positivity into it. Works for me.

Inside the room, I saw the hues of bright whites and yellows turn into orange and red. It was a sign. I was going to miss the sun today. Sigh.



Night came and I though a quick dip in the pool was the only saving grace for my missing the beach. Unfortunately, I didn't like the pool. Dipping in it didn't make me feel fresh. The water was warm and a bit ...er...slimy. So, drowning myself in alcohol was the next best bet (and of course the photo-ops that came in between).





And it worked. Heheh.

Our second day was better. We had half a day to run around the beach (on a separate island, owned by the same owner). They had a really nice setup with hammocks, a dining area, a volleyball net and kayaks. Weeh.





Looking at the beach, half a day was pretty annoying, add that to the fact that some "killjoys" wanted to leave earlier. Eventually the departure time was compromised, everyone was happier.

I think I'd like to take up underwater photography, if only to capture the fishes below. We found a starfish and it was unexpectedly blue! Underwater it was like swimming in Nemo's aquarium. I saw a marine angelfish, blowfish, parrot fishes, schools of fish and other sea creatures that I don't even know the name.







Eaglepoint will definitely be on my list of beaches to snorkel in. I love it here.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?