Blurred

By 3sha
We're moving to the 27th.

And everyday my butt got heavier as the date neared. I think I've glued myself to this desk far too long without really wanting to unglue myself.

I don't what to leave the 20th. That about sums it up.

Leaving here means, lesser time spent with the people I genuinely like. The people who I am most comfortable with, who I want to see daily whether it be with or without angst. I also like the others who will move with me, especially some very close drinking friends. I don't have anything against them, I just find it really hard moving out of the 20th and detaching myself from everyone on the 20th.

And to top it all off, I dislike my new space. It didn't help make the move any easier. Yeah, call me a nut for believing in feng shui and such, but the minute I saw it I hated it for a lot of reasons.

1. I'm seated near the lmc (our call center). So imagine the daily conversation I'd hear "good morning, this is ling from Mazda Philippines.." fuck it sucks. I'd be having call center conversations everytime I'd sit there. Sigh. I just hope they do it quietly or that the sound doesn't seep throught the OPEN wall.

2. The creatives don't have an R2 or even a BOOKSHELF!! So just how am I going to fit all the magazine references and back-up cds I have? tell me, how? The accounts have a bookshelf, a cabinet and an R2! While all we have is a 2 inch measly drawer. And I keep hearing that they don't want us to clutter, that's why they didn't provide us with an r2. I think the one who did the design never really thought about the dynamics of the company. I'm not recommending the designer to anyone. Just give the creative team shelves or lockers, or any kind of storage. We need it badly.

3. No Privacy.

4. The fact that someone decided the seating arrangements for us without consulting us. Okay, maybe I'm asking for too much. But at least don't you think that no one would really complain out loud about the seating arrangement if we just drew ballots on the numbered seats???

5. The seats suck. You'd fall off if you lean back too much.

6. The color combination has no character whatsoever. Hello! We're working in an ad agency , a little color never hurt anyone!!! And what's with the retro fabric!?

7. Partitioning of spaces are a disappointment.

8. We have a carinderia for a pantry. Who the hell thought of putting mint green tables that look like carinderia tables in the pantry!?

9. Small space coupled with an impractical S-divider.

10. We're placed right smack in the middle of the accounts group. All the stress, the angst from clients, we'll hear it without any filtering whatsoever. Good luck, I think I'm buying myself new headphones.

It's common for someone to dislike or see the "holes" in the new office space. For fresh hires, I guess that's a common thing. But for an office space that was planned to fit a certain group or culture of people. They did a poor job planning it.